Tuesday 25 July 2017

50 Things I Would Love To Learn How To Do

Even though my school days are loooong behind me, there are still so many things I would love to learn how to do in life. I'm quite an ambitious person and call me a nerd, if you want, but I enjoy learning new skills, and have this urge to dip my toe in to all kinds of things before I die. I want to try a bit of everything.

There are life skills like learning how to drive and speaking another language that would sure come in handy, and then there are countless crafts, hobbies, and skills like crocheting and photography I would love to try or perfect just for fun.

In an effort to motivate myself in to learning one or two of them, I thought I'd share a list of 50 things I would love to learn how to do with you today. So, here they are...


I would like to learn how to...

1. Play the piano
2. Use all the manual settings on a camera properly so I can take really great photos.
3. Edit my photos properly, because it's one thing I really struggle with.
4. Crochet- particularly, how to crochet a granny square blanket.
5. Use a sewing machine.
6. Make my own dresses and skirts.
7. Make candles.
8. Needle-felt something cute.
9. Use water colours, oils, and acrylic paints properly.
10. Use soft pastels, oil pastels, and charcoal properly.
11. Ice / decorate cakes like a pro.
12. Play the violin.
13. Embroider all kinds of different stitches. My sewing skills are currently limited to cross stitch, back stitch, and french knots.
14. Make my own jewellery.
15. Make a notebook.
16. Book-bind.
17. Speak another language fluently.
18. Make awesome greeting cards.
19. Make a patchwork quilt.
20. Create quality images for my blog.
21. Decoupage something.
22. Fix a socket; it seems like one of those things I should really know how to do.
23. Surf some killer waves.
24. Write beautifully with calligraphy.
25. Drive a car.
26. Die-cut something.
27. Perfect winged eyeliner.
28. Bake / make home made dog treats for Rosie.
29. Knit a scarf.
30. Customise clothing.
31. Arrange flowers in to beautiful arrangements.
32. Keep plants alive.
33. Make a dream-catcher.
34. Create a pretty vivarium.
35. Linocut something.
36. Make my own ink stamps.
37. Make some pretty bunting to string up in the house.
38. Weave on a loom.
39. Upcycle a piece of furniture.
40. Applique something.
41. Make a mosaic.
42. Make something out of clay that doesn't look like it was made by a five year old.
43. Train Rosie to come when she's called, and to stop barking at every little noise. Nothing has worked so far.
44. Bake / make macarons and chocolate truffles.
45. Make soaps and bath bombs to enjoy.
46. Sew a Christmas stocking.
47. Play the guitar.
48. Use photoshop / photo editing programs and tools properly.
49. Create gorgeous flatlays.
50. Make something out of stained-glass.

So, those are some of the things I would like to try. What do you want to learn how to do?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'd like to be able to use a sewing machine to make my own dresses also. Ive been shown twice but then I forget!!
    I'm ok at languages but it would be nice to be totally fluent. That said, I had a funny time in Collectif in London yesterday as I asked a gil if she thought my dress fitted and she asked me to slow down as she was German so then I tried to say it in Germninstead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can show you how to use a sewing machine some time! There's always a million things I want to learn to do - nerd lyfe :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig