Friday 2 February 2018

What I Got For Christmas Haul 2017


I know I'm really late to the party (how was Christmas more than a month ago already??), but today I'm going to show you what I got for Christmas this last year. One of these days I might actually blog something on time, but hey, it's better late than never, right?


I guess I'd better begin by saying, I'm not writing this post to show off or try to make anybody jealous; I'm simply sharing a snippet of my life that I thought you might be interested to see. I personally love reading Christmas present hauls on other blogs, and enjoy writing one every year, and while some of you don't, I know many of you do enjoy them, too. If you do, keep reading! If you don't, you may prefer to click the 'x' button in the corner now. No hard feelings; I'll catch you next time.




So... this Christmas, I was spoiled rotten by my loved ones, and received some really lovely, thoughtful, and gorgeous gifts on Christmas morning that really made my Christmas. I probably received less than ever before, as my family collectively agreed to stop exchanging gifts with our extended family this Christmas to ease some of that festive financial strain, but I actually think I was given some of the best presents ever as they were all from the people who know me best- my best friend, parents, sisters, and brother-in-law. They all lavished me with far more presents than I deserved.




My parents bought me the Tarte 'Good For You Glamour' Make Up Collection, which includes the Lady's Night Clay Palette, Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara, Lip Sculptor Lipstick & Lipgloss duo in 'Sass', Clay Stick Foundation in 'Fair Beige' a powder brush, an eyeshadow brush, and a purple make up bag. I haven't tried any of them yet as I still need to take photos so I can blog a review of them, but everything looks amazing- especially the eyeshadow palette- and I can't wait to try everything. They also gave me the most beautiful set of patterned Tarte 'Artful Accessories' make up brushes, which was the best surprise as I'd been coveting them for months, and hadn't expected to receive them at all. It has to be my favourite present from Christmas 2017- but don't tell the others!



From my parents, I also received a beautiful pair of star-shaped silver earrings, a pink floral patterned Joe Browns cardigan, three pink flamingo plates, a dark red OPI nail polish in 'Love Is In My Cards', plus a chocolate orange, Toblerone, bag of chocolate coins, and a tube of Pringles. I don't know why, but it's been a tradition for my sisters and I to be given a Terry's Chocolate Orange, and a tube of Pringles from our parents each Christmas for as long as I can remember. It wouldn't be Christmas without finding them in my stocking now!


My little sister, Sarah, gave me two awesome novelty bags from Forever 21- a strawberry and a rainbow, which she said she'd bought for me all the way back in May.  The sweet little strawberry is my favourite, but the rainbow is ridiculously cute, too. I can't wait to use them! She also gave me a set of two Cath Kidston pouches- one floral, and one with the cutest bespectacled guinea pig on it, the Stranger Things soundtrack (which I totally forgot to photograph), and a seriously amazing Elliot the dragon soft toy from The Disney Store. Pete's Dragon was one of my favourite Disney films growing up, so it's basically the best soft toy ever!



From my older sister, Marie, and brother-in-law, Steve, I was spoiled with a gift bag full of lots of lovely little things. They gave me a set of five festive Yankee Candle votives in some of my favourite festive scents, a DKNY 'Delicious Night' perfume (one of my favourite ranges of perfumes ever), two gorgeous Folklore necklaces (a deer and a bear), a Cranberry Crush Hand and Nail Cream and a Winter Berry Lip Balm from a German beauty brand called Accentra, a Milka chocolate Santa, and a box of German Kinder chocolate.




On Christmas Eve, Marie also treated me to the cutest pair of squirrel gloves from Accessorize, which technically weren't a Christmas present, but I've included them anyway as it was another gift I received at Christmas time. Look how adorable they are!


And my best friend, Angela, sent me a set of Temple Spa 'Spa Attraction' skincare products that included the Repose Aromatherapy Resting Cream, Truffle Noir Skin Rejuvenator, Bosom Pal Bust Firming Treatment, and Exalt Firming Neck Gel in a little teal case. I've never heard of the brand before, or tried any of their products, but I'm looking forward to trying them all out, particularly as they're products my best friend enjoyed using herself and wanted me to try. I'm sure I'll do a review of them once I've trialled them all.


And that is everything I was treated to this Christmas.

I love everything that I was given this Christmas, and I'm so grateful for every present I received. My family and best friend were way too generous, and spoiled me rotten! I definitely didn't deserve all these lovely things, but it certainly helped make my Christmas extra special. 



I'm sure I'll review many of the presents I received in time, but if there's anything in particular you'd like me to review, please let me know!

What did you get for Christmas this December? If you've written your own Christmas haul post, leave your links in the comments below so I can have a nosey!

You Might Also Like
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love haul posts so keep doing them! The Folklore necklaces are gorgeous! I was bought the fox one they do by my Dept Head Teacher for my birthday last year. The rainbow bag is so so cute!

    My best present was my pale blue Brompton fold up bike but I received some ace books from my inlaws and my sister in law got me two Alice in Wonderland pin badges. My little sister got me a pretty Oasis jumper and my deputy head got me a beautiful personalized Make up bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great haul! I'm jealous!! I love the folklore necklaces x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig